Tuesday, February 9, 2010


I had to take a break from blogging.
I had to take a break from life.
I just needed time to breathe.
Because there for a few days, even breathing hurt.
I feel like my life has been taken apart, and the pieces have been put back together all wrong.
I'm homesick for people and places that aren't home.
I am mourning the loss of a job and life I choose to leave.
And I'm missing people who I never even knew mattered.
And logically, I know that in a few days, weeks, months, year...whenever- I will look back on it and see the beauty and the wonder that the abstract art of my life is. But at the moment, its just weird and disjointed and unsettling and somewhat uncomfortable. Its something that I expected to look one way and looks an entirely different way. And even knowing that eventually, it will all work out and seem right- doesn't necessarily ease the pain of the present.
But abstract art is beautiful. And part of its beauty is the tension it creates. The problems it stirs up. The discomfort it offers.
So I'm trying to embrace it. I'm trying to find the beauty in it. I'm trying to have faith that with some time and perspective, I'll see why my life is supposed to look like it does right now and what beauty might be found in t .

No comments: