Monday, May 5, 2008

Hebrews 11.1

I would rather travel a thousand miles alone than one mile with someone who didn't believe I could reach my destination…..

I would rather tread on my own in the water than use a life vest that would fail me halfway to the shore…

I would rather stand alone than be in an emotionless embrace for false security…

I would rather cry my tears in solitude than share them with someone who will turn their back on my hurt…

I would rather come home to an empty house every night than to live with a cheap imitation of love for fifty years…

I would rather your silence than your forced words of emotionless platitudes….

I would rather hold hope in the possibility of the future than to settle for the illusion of achievement in the present…

I choose to have confidence that God will provide for tomorrow rather than to doubt and store away the rusted treasure in the today...

... I remember the lilies....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I finally got onto this whole blog thing, but I am not really sure how it all works. Could use some help, and we really need to have a small group meeting.