Saturday, May 17, 2008

So lately I've been blogging from kind of a pessimistic perspecitive. I've been spending way too much time in the "dark and twisty" places i(located and named courtesy of my newfound love for Grey's Anatomy) inside of me. I've been in a really awful funk. And I think I've finally come through that.

I mean- there is so much goodness and joy in life, why get all caught up in the darkness?

Don't get me wrong, I will be the first one to admit bad things happen. People get hurt. Hearts get broken. We find ourselves in situations with no clear answer and no easy way out. Life can hurt.

But (there's always a but)- all the yucky stuff, all that hurt, anger, jealousy, fear, pride, whatever yucky stuff that might be there (resentment, fear are some of my big ones)...seems so weak and pale when compared to the joy and love that actually exist in my life.

When I am in my dark and twisty place, things can look so bleak. Hurts and fears seem so huge and it feels like I will never conquer them.

But when I finally catch a glimpse of the hope and joy that is there- it's like "poof!" All that darkness and gloom dissapates.

And you know why? Because the things that hold all that darkness together and in place is so weak that it can't hold up against the force of love. It's because it takes about a hundred bad days to get me to a dark and twisty place, but only one good day to get me out. Because love- and all the emotions and things that are love (like goodness, joy, hope, etc) are so much stronger than the bad stuff.

It's like in the movies where the few good guys hold off and defeat the multitudes of bad guys. It's against all odds, that the good side wins and peace prevails. Mathematically, it shouldn't happen this way. But it does.

That's because it takes more strength and courage to choose to have hope and faith and live out a place of true love and joy for one day than it does to live out of a place of hopelessness and despair for a lifetime.

Love will always be stronger than hate. Joy will always dissapate anger. And hope will always prevail against despair.

It takes more guts to love knowing your heart can be broken than to refuse to love because your heart can be broken. It takes way more courage to have faith, than to be without it.

So, in all that rambling- what I am trying to say is:

That in the end, Love wins. Everytime.

No comments: