Friday, December 11, 2009

Traffic School?

I had to go to traffic school today (shhhh.....don't tell Mom).
And really it wasn't that bad. Except I was the oldest person in the class.

Anyway, there was this guy in the class who wasn't from Tennessee. He was from Mississippi. And we, being the entire class, started to discuss how he came to be in a Tennessee driving school. Turns out that he is a musician and is consistently playing gigs in Nashville. So, thus the Tennessee ticket and driving school.

Anyway, before we knew it we had convinced him to get his guitar from his car and sing a few songs for us. And he did. And what struck me was that this musician couldn't stop talking about how much he loved music. He just glowed when he talked about his band, his songs, his tours, and was so excited about music that he was thrilled to death to even play in the middle of driving school in some Metro classroom.

And I was jealous of that Mississippi born musician.
Because all I could think about was: Is there anything I am that passionate about?

Is there anything I am so passionate about that I can't shut up about?
Something that its so much a part of me that it simply oozes out of me wherever I am at.?Something that is so consuming in my heart that I'm willing to tell whoever where ever all about it? And be thrilled about such an opportunity?

I think I've misplaced my passion. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go find it.
I'm not going to let some Mississipian have all the fun.

1 comment:

reciprocalmanager said...

Traffic School Online - Ticketerasers.com offers state approved Defensive Driving, Traffic School, Point Reduction and Driver Improvement Courses