Monday, August 17, 2009

Every Monday Matters

52 Mondays in a Year.
52 Ways to Make the World A Better Place.
Starting Today.
Monday 1- What Matters the Most
Apparently, the average person spends 100 hours communting to work versus the 80 hours of vacation time.
91 hours per work week for a dual career family with kids.
1.8 hours a day on household chores.
2.6 hours a day watching tv.
That's messed up. We should spend more time doing stuff that actually matters. We should invest our time in the things that last. Not that the things that will end.
What to do about it?
1. Stop and think- make the list of what matters most to you.
2. Create a list of how you currently spend your time.
3. Organize your list and identify activities that are optional and waste time.
4. Rearrange your schedule so you can spend time doing what matters most.
5. Don't waste time.
What matters most to me:
1. my faith- continuing to grow in my relationship with God. moving past complacency.
2. my family- i'm including friends in this category, cause they are the family too.
3. myself- I often let myself take backseat and at this point in my life I need to devote sometime to creating a healthy happier me.

No comments: