Monday, April 14, 2008

Row A, Seats 1,2




A little while ago, I heard a talk, lecture, whatever you want to call it about the voices in our heads. Now I know most of you are thinking I am talking about the "crazy" voices some of you suspect I hear but actually I'm not. I am talking about the people who, for better or worse, have spoken into our lives and have left some kind of imprint on us. So that when things happen or situations arise we hear their voices and words inside of us. The person who was talking about this called these people "The People on Your Bus."


Ever since then I've been kind of working through the people on my bus and how they got there and considering whether they should get to keep their spot on my bus or not.


So I've decided the next few blogs I am going to publically work through some of the people on my bus. Kind of a tribute to people who have earned the right to not only be on the bus- but get first class seating.







So starting- (and in no particular order....)




THE MEEZS




(Emilee Warner, Emily Hill, and obviously Me: Modeling our non existent engagement rings)


Now Emilee Warner and Emily Hill have been my friends for a loooong time. We are talking, Emily Hill is one of the first friends I can remember having and Emilee Warner, well she is familiy. These girls are not only gorgeous, but soooo much fun. They are both are incredibly brillant at what they do (Warner- works at CMT and owns some kind of her own company, Hill- works (appropriately) on the Hill in DC). They are vivacious, courageous, and incredibly compassionate people. These are girls who I know can face my faults and love me inspite of them. They can call me out on my crap, and they will, all the while reminding me of who I am inspite of that. We are more than friends, these girls are family.

Both of their voices are in my heads when I get discouraged or fed up with crap from people. These girls always remind me that I shouldn't settle and that I shouldn't put up with stuff that I don't deserve. In other words, these are the girls who remind me that sometimes I just need man up and draw the line. Girl power (and all that jazz)

And the best news yet: I get to see both these girls in exactly a week from right now. Where we will have our traditional Mexican feast on Capital Hill. Oh yeah!


No comments: