Monday, November 30, 2009

As the Thanksgiving season comes to a close, I realize I have so very much to be thankful for.

I have a home- several in fact. Not just places where I can come to at the end of the day and rest, but places full of love and people who care about me. I have a home in the town where I work, and I have home where my family is. Both are incredibly special and I am so thankful for each of their unique places in my life.

I have a family- and such a special family. I think my family means so much to me because for the most part, the big part of my family didn't have to be my family. My step family have gone from complete strangers to true family. And its so special that these people, most of all my step father, love me. Not because they have to, but because they choose to.

I have a job I love- granted I complain about it, but overall its such a wonderful thing I get to do each and every day. Wake up and participate in people's lives. Spend time with kids and teenagers. I get to plan worship and make music and get paid to do so. Its not a bad gig.

I have a good life. I can see, I can hear, I can feel. I'm incredibly blessed and don't stop often enough to remember that. So I wanted to do that now.

No comments: