Monday, November 9, 2009

Top Five

I don't have a normal talent. In fact, I'm not sure its entirely useful. Well, I mean its useful. But not useful in the sense that I tell people about it. Normal people, they have athletic abilities, musical abilities, you know- the talents that people can see and admire.

My talent- as much as I love it- is kind of embarrassing. See the thing is, my talent is reading. Not like, yay I can read, but like I read at abnormally fast speeds and maintain/analyze vast quantities of information. Its a geek talent. But I will admit, it helped in school.

Anyway, since reading is my thing, I devour books. I'm not even joking- I read all the time and everything I can get my hands on. Its not uncommon in our family that when we buy a book, I automatically get dibs because I will finish it faster than anyone else.

And I'm not bragging, I'm just stating facts.

ANYWHO- that brings us to yesterday's top five and why its so important to me.

You see reading has always been an escape for me. A stress relief. A place where I can unwind and enjoy someone else's story. And while I read various and lots of books, there are some that I keep going back to. They are like a favorite sweatshirt or a comfort food.

Top Five Books I Read Year after Year:

1. East of Eden- Steinbeck
2. Anne of Green Gables- Montgomery
3. Hamlet- Shakespeare
4. Let Your Life Speak- Palmer
5. The Things They Carried- O'Brien

No comments: