Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sometimes pieces of the sky fall right on our heads. And in the moment, it seems like the worst thing that could possibly happen.

But more often than not, when we pick up the piece of sky and examine it, it turns out to be not as bad as expected.

Sometimes when we are given a piece of news, we react. We immediately assume worse case scenario and freak out.

Then we hear the rest of the story and realize that things are actually going to be ok after all.

So today's top five topic:

Top Five Events that started as bad news and actually turned into good things:

1. My parents divorce- if they had never split, i'd never have gotten the wonderfully amazing complex diverse and large family I have now.
2. When I was told I was getting a little sister- I was so mad. I had been the baby for 7 years. I didn't want anyone else in our family- best thing ever to happen.
3. When a very close friend dropped out of a school program we were doing together- I felt abandoned. Turned out to be the push I needed to grow close with other people.
4. When I got into my first huge and scary fight adult fight with my dad- paved the way for us to be able to talk about the hard things.
5. When I was told last night that the place I currently live is no longer available to me, and I kinda became homeless. In the past 24 hours so many amazing doors have opened and I have seen God's faithfulness in a new and huge way.

Sometimes what starts off as a mess can turn into the most beautiful thing in the world.

No comments: