Sunday, January 3, 2010

I've taken a break from blogging over the holidays.
I've been spending time with the people I love.
I've been going to visit the places that make me feel like myself.
I've been doing the things that help me see myself a little more clearly.

And at the end of this wonderfully, long, lazy, amazing holiday break I'm left pondering this thought.

To pursue new adventures, you always have to leave old ones. To say yes to something, there is always something you are saying no to. There always will be choices, and they will never really be clear cut. The uncertainty is part of the fun, but also the part that invovles the risk.

Choice always will involve courage. Faith. Hope.

Knowing that if you want to change your life, if you want something different than what you have- you alone hold the power to act and produce that change.

And at the end of the day, you have to do what makes sense for you and produces peace in your heart, whether or not anyone else in the world understands or approves.

To be able to say yes, you must always have to be willing to say no.

No comments: